7 March 2013

Research and Own Typography

Ford, S.  (n.d.) Letter Mapping [ONLINE]. Available at: http://samfordsamford.co.uk/index.php?/ongoing/letter-mapping/ [Accessed 07 March 13].

I have chosen this typography because of the process that was undertaken to develop it and its visual impact. This process was a form of triangulation where the designer imagined points around the letter-forms to create the triangles. The colour was worked out by measuring the three angles in each triangle and then putting the numbers into RGB references. After the researched I decided to experiment with triangulation to understand how it worked to create letter-forms of this style.




For this experiment I used words from a song name which was in my head at that time and I focused mainly on the letter-forms without connecting the negative space to create a slightly more legible style.

No comments:

Post a Comment